PDA

View Full Version : Learn Thai Corner!

Decent
21-01-10, 02:05 PM
Would like to invite our Thai Speaking Shifu to help and share with us the Basic Thai Language as many members have requested for it and unfortunately I don't speak Thai except all the 'sweet talk" words only.

Thanks

Cordially invite Shifu/Master;

MOD MONVANTEE
VIP ALEXEY

Thank you very much.:YM - 70::hooray::)

Decent
21-01-10, 02:13 PM
1. monvantee
monvantee - 02-09-09 05:30 PM

Guess everybody have been hearing or know some slang/terms used whenever you are with a Thai gal .... hope this will enlightened you all .....

ที่รัก - thee rak @ darling; dear; sweetheart; love; honey
แฟน - faaen @ boyfriend; girlfriend; lover
กิ๊ก - gik @ partner for companionship; partner for casual sex
เมียหลวง - miia luaang @ a man's first wife
เมียน้อย - miia noi @ minor wife; mistress

2. thaifreak
thaifreak - 02-09-09 06:11 PM

phom ya mee gig 10 khun! mia neng khun ke mai owl!

BTW bro monvantee...how to say "it is my destiny to be with you" in phasa thai?

3. monvantee
monvantee - 04-09-09 02:39 PM

Bro Thaifreak .... based on my limited knowledge in paa saa Thai ...

"It's my destiny with you"
โชคชะตาของฉันให้กับคุณ @ chohk cha dtaa khaawng chan hai gap khoon

4. Decent
Decent - 05-09-09 02:28 PM

โชคชะตา - Fate
Destiny - pom lit kit....เคราะห์กรรม

5. thaifreak
thaifreak - 08-09-09 12:14 AM

thanks bro monvantee & papa decent! khob jai mak mak!

6. Decent
Decent - 09-09-09 11:18 AM

Hello....my friend, actually I google translate the fate and destiny thing and I thought our Thai Master aka Whiskey King aka Taiko Monvantee can help me to clarify whether right or wrong.....!

I was told destiny is Prom li kit.....and fate is chok cha-da...something like that. Sorry, me no speak Thai! Sorry!

7. monvantee
monvantee - 10-09-09 05:21 PM

actually very difficult to have direct translation from Eng-Thai ... and is always difficult to master Thai language too .... perhaps just need to eat more som-tum ... 555

8. thaifreak
thaifreak - 11-09-09 03:59 PM

I agreed that to master Thai language is way more difficult than i tot it would be....anyway I am still learning every little aspect about Thai.....

9. [edde]
[edde] - 12-09-09 09:46 PM

Bro Thaifreak,
U must understand how the grammar work 1st.
Ex. Hong Nam- Room water.in Eng. but in Malay Bilik Air....
Try others
Khao Pad - Rice Fried in Eng. but in Malay Nasi Goreng.
Now u will understand the grammar litlle bit dy somake a few sentence but translate it directly to malay n speak thai....simple ...
My two cent s brain work it that way last time n i need to understand it fast coz got to cari makan there ma....

10. thaifreak
thaifreak - 14-09-09 04:34 PM

hahaha.....thanks bro edde. khob jai. to learn to speak fluent thai and with thai ascent is abit difficult unless like bro monvantee who live & work in bkk now. in malaysia hardly got the chance to practise phasa thai...so i think i might need a very long time to master it!

Decent
21-01-10, 02:16 PM
YYY - 06-10-09 11:29 PM

My survival kit has this most often used phrase:

Check bin (or kep thang)!

And the puyings in turn try to smoke my ass:

Love you deep deep na (as if I born yesterday, my $$$ you mean!)

# mikemike
mikemike - 12-10-09 09:12 PM

wah..nice place to learn thai..i also just started to learn thai from forum. ^^

chok dee na krap! :YM - 70:

Decent
21-01-10, 03:39 PM
OK... time for Uncle Magic Oil Thai lesson 101...(borrow from Bro Indianmagicioil - SBF)

เสียว seow - nervous, scared
ความเสียว kwaam seow - aroused ("kwaam" is a prefix which converts a verb or adjective into an abstract noun, there is a whole list of words that uses the "kwaam" prefix eg. คฺวาม รัก kwaam rak: love)
เสียวไส้ seow sai - terrified, panicked ("sai" means intestines)

Usually Thais will say "seow" to mean their horny and ตกใจ (dtok jai - literally means "drop heart") if something has startled them. As with any language there is always the formal & proper way that is taught in schools as well as the street patois that will differentiate locals & foreigners.:YM - 70:

Decent
21-01-10, 03:42 PM
This is a good site for Thai learner...........! A newbie like me is very useful!

http://www.thai-language.com/dict/

holymannn
21-01-10, 04:49 PM
OK... time for Uncle Magic Oil Thai lesson 101...(borrow from Bro Indianmagicioil - SBF)

เสียว seow - nervous, scared
ความเสียว kwaam seow - aroused ("kwaam" is a prefix which converts a verb or adjective into an abstract noun, there is a whole list of words that uses the "kwaam" prefix eg. คฺวาม รัก kwaam rak: love)
เสียวไส้ seow sai - terrified, panicked ("sai" means intestines)

Usually Thais will say "seow" to mean their horny and ตกใจ (dtok jai - literally means "drop heart") if something has startled them. As with any language there is always the formal & proper way that is taught in schools as well as the street patois that will differentiate locals & foreigners.:YM - 70:

i like this word seow... i like to hear thai gal scream "seow jing jing" when "ao gan" kekeke

btw, another word to use with kwaam is kwaam suk. means happy. For example. i am very happy to be with you --> yu kap ter, pom mee kwaam suk jing jing. sifu..... correct me if i am wrong.....

sifus, is "ao gan" the actual thai word for make love? how about "tam rak" and lak kai? please enlighten

thaifreak
21-01-10, 06:59 PM
tamada tamada tamada.............nothing..........I wanna learn how to write and read....papa decent help me dai mai????

thaifreak
21-01-10, 07:09 PM
i like this word seow... i like to hear thai gal scream "seow jing jing" when "ao gan" kekeke

btw, another word to use with kwaam is kwaam suk. means happy. For example. i am very happy to be with you --> yu kap ter, pom mee kwaam suk jing jing. sifu..... correct me if i am wrong.....

sifus, is "ao gan" the actual thai word for make love? how about "tam rak" and lak kai? please enlighten

i think ao gan is more polite then lak kai......tam rak...not sure...direct translate means make love in english.

sometimes i said chi wit phom pian kon sook mak mak you kap ter. yu kap ter, pom mee kwaam suk jing jing. sifu.....i said this also. but i am not too sure its the actual way! anyway anything that i said she will just laugh coz i am not khun thai! but who cares.....as long as she laugh! thats good!

thaifreak
21-01-10, 07:09 PM

i think ao gan is more polite then lak kai......tam rak...not sure...direct translate means make love in english.

sometimes i said chi wit phom pian kon sook mak mak you kap ter. yu kap ter, pom mee kwaam suk jing jing. sifu.....i said this also. but i am not too sure its the actual way! anyway anything that i said she will just laugh coz i am not khun thai! but who cares.....as long as she laugh! thats good!

Decent
21-01-10, 07:59 PM

We must clarify with Our Monvantee maybe he is busy so I try to explain meantime me ke-poh a bit!

Kwaam is actually "feeling" and "suk" is means full or fully ripe....but in these 2 words combine is actually means that feeling of fullness...warm feeling, complete therefore very warm and nice in your company.

Ao gan....make fucking....
Lak Kai means have a quickie.....short time
Tam rak is define a better word like "friend" derive from English work....like ro-man-tic.....!

Decent
21-01-10, 08:04 PM
tamada tamada tamada.............nothing..........I wanna learn how to write and read....papa decent help me dai mai????

Tamada is average , normal.....!

Like if a girl ask you whether how much rice you want....tamada poh lieow.....!

But when come to things like.....this thing is sold at this price normally.Then we will use por-ka-tic khong kai chai la-ka yang ni....na! (Normally this is the price that we sell)

Any shifu care to enlighten and correct me if I am wrong....this is a discussion....come come and join in!

Eh? Me cannot teach you..lah...me no speak Thai! Only very little! Kor Thoh....! Kor thoh mak mak!

thaifreak
21-01-10, 11:48 PM

But when come to things like.....this thing is sold at this price normally.Then we will use por-ka-tic khong kai chai la-ka yang ni....na! (Normally this is the price that we sell)

Any shifu care to enlighten and correct me if I am wrong....this is a discussion....come come and join in!

Eh? Me cannot teach you..lah...me no speak Thai! Only very little! Kor Thoh....! Kor thoh mak mak!

mai nit leow! papa decent mai thong koh hook na! pood thai keng mak mak leow la! phom kid wa pood dai thai 30% tae wa papa decent pood dai 70%!!!!!!!

thaifreak
21-01-10, 11:48 PM

mai nit leow! papa decent mai thong koh hook na! pood thai keng mak mak leow la! phom kid wa pood dai thai 30% tae wa papa decent pood dai 70%!!!!!!!

KiKo_
22-01-10, 02:51 AM
tuk kon phut thai geng mak ti sut 555+

Must learn from all the thai speaking sifu liao.... since i cant speak thai sad... sad....

KiKo_
22-01-10, 02:51 AM
tuk kon phut thai geng mak ti sut 555+

Must learn from all the thai speaking sifu liao.... since i cant speak thai sad... sad....

holymannn
22-01-10, 10:29 AM

Pom phut dai 5%.... terrak pom sohn mai dee. too ha teerak mai liao..... :P

holymannn
22-01-10, 10:29 AM

Pom phut dai 5%.... terrak pom sohn mai dee. too ha teerak mai liao..... :P

holymannn
22-01-10, 10:35 AM
can say nom yai tamada? nehneh big average.... :P

as for por ka tic, can i say por ka tic, pom non 5 thong?

holymannn
22-01-10, 10:35 AM
can say nom yai tamada? nehneh big average.... :P

as for por ka tic, can i say por ka tic, pom non 5 thong?

monvantee
22-01-10, 11:27 AM
Bro Decent,

Thanks for 'looking-up' on me. I will try my best to help with my limitation understanding of Thai language.

Would like to invite our Thai Speaking Shifu to help and share with us the Basic Thai Language as many members have requested for it and unfortunately I don't speak Thai except all the 'sweet talk" words only.

Thanks

MOD MONVANTEE
VIP ALEXEY

monvantee
22-01-10, 11:27 AM
Bro Decent,

Thanks for 'looking-up' on me. I will try my best to help with my limitation understanding of Thai language.

Thanks

MOD MONVANTEE
VIP ALEXEY

monvantee
22-01-10, 11:30 AM
I think one of the way to speak better Thai is to speak in full sentence if possible. I think the most mistake we made is we always speaks Thai in very short-cut way which they do understand but do sounds funny or rude sometimes !

For check-bin or gep dtang scenario,

1. Nong, khor check bin duay na krap.
2. Nong, khor geb dtang na krap

YYY - 06-10-09 11:29 PM

My survival kit has this most often used phrase:

Check bin (or kep thang)!

# mikemike
mikemike - 12-10-09 09:12 PM

wah..nice place to learn thai..i also just started to learn thai from forum. ^^

chok dee na krap! :YM - 70:

monvantee
22-01-10, 11:35 AM
Bro Decent ...what you have explained are correct.

Personally the word "seow" are quite commonly used (among closed frens only) to express that are feel very excited (can be used towards non related to sex situation).

For eg, during a golf game ... when u putt the ball and the ball almost enter but stop right at the lip of the hole ... u can say SEOW WOIII

We must clarify with Our Monvantee maybe busy so I try to explain meantime me ke-poh a bit!

Kwaam is actually "feeling" and "suk" is means full or fully ripe....but in these 2 words combine is actually means that feeling of fullness...warm feeling, complete therefore very warm and nice in your company.

Ao gan....make fucking....
Lak Kai means have a quickie.....short time
Tam rak is define a better word like "friend" derive from English work....like ro-man-tic.....!

monvantee
22-01-10, 11:36 AM
Mai chai na ... Papa Decent poot thai muan pen Khon Thai laew. Chai pa ??

monvantee
22-01-10, 11:38 AM
Correctly explained !!!! Geng mak na krap.

abe9
22-01-10, 11:41 AM
love this... its a good avenue to learn thai.. well maybe we could all start with the necessity words..
nom yai.. he..he.. nom yai gor nom yai,, mai tamada leaw..
abe9 also learning... pood phasa thai nid noi.. but together maybe we' can at least pass for normal conversation..
its frustrating when sometimes we can't communicate.. like duck and chicken..
the conversation actually livens things up.. making the situation more relax..
ada kasih sayang maa... and with it there'll be plenty of kwarm-suk and kwarm-rak, leading to a lot more of tharm-ngarn or tharm-rak, being put politely..

DeKuip
22-01-10, 11:45 AM
love this... its a good avenue to learn thai.. well maybe we could all start with the necessity words..
nom yai.. he..he.. nom yai gor nom yai,, mai tamada leaw..
abe9 also learning... pood phasa thai nid noi.. but together maybe we' can at least pass for normal conversation..
its frustrating when sometimes we can't communicate.. like duck and chicken..
the conversation actually livens things up.. making the situation more relax..
ada kasih sayang maa... and with it there'll be plenty of kwarm-suk and kwarm-rak, leading to a lot more of tharm-ngarn or tharm-rak, being put politely..

Bro Abe9... how to say 'spring return' in thai? hahaha..

holymannn
22-01-10, 11:57 AM
sifu..... how to say "bon Voyage" in thai?

abe9
22-01-10, 12:06 PM
Bro Abe9... how to say 'spring return' in thai? hahaha..

cehh DEQUIP. khon baa...havent actually know how its being put.. but return is actually "glap-maa" ie coming back.. the spring, i don't know,, maybe our sifu can enlighten..
been quite sometime since i've been there, the last being in September,, "phasa thai gor leum leaw,, tae wa, poo-ying thai young mai leum.." ekekekekkk.
i guess. this will be one of my favorite thread after this..

btw, sorry sifu for a little addition to holymann question, for "bon voyage" i'll usually end meeting with "la-gorn nar karp" then a little sweetener "doo lae tua-eng dee dee nar..." i guess meaning bye for now and take good care of yourself.. correct me if i'm wrong sifu..

P/S HOW COME I COULD COLOR UR NAME TO DARK BROWN DE QUIP??

holymannn
22-01-10, 12:13 PM
Poo ying leum mai dai.... mai mee poo ying khun thai, chi wit mai mee kwuam sook. Kin mai long, up nam mai piak, non mai rap, tam gan mai mee leng. tam arai ko mai dee jing jing.... :P

cehh DEQUIP. khon baa...havent actually know how its being put.. but return is actually "glap-maa" ie coming back.. the spring, i don't know,, maybe our sifu can enlighten..
been quite sometime since i've been there, the last being in September,, "phasa thai gor leum leaw,, tae wa, poo-ying thai young mai leum.." ekekekekkk.

btw, sorry sifu for a little addition to holymann question, for "bon voyage" i'll usually end meeting with "la-gorn nar karp" then a little sweetener "doo lae tua-eng dee dee nar..." i guess meaning bye for now and take good care of yourself.. correct me if i'm wrong sifu..

holymannn
22-01-10, 12:13 PM
Poo ying leum mai dai.... mai mee poo ying khun thai, chi wit mai mee kwuam sook. Kin mai long, up nam mai piak, non mai rap, tam gan mai mee leng. tam arai ko mai dee jing jing.... :P

abe9
22-01-10, 12:20 PM

huhh holymann.. paag waan mark nee... chua dai mai?? tae poo-ying thai aan nee,, tai gor dai..

pood thai kheng mark..
abe9 kid wa, holymann deum nam-lai poo-ying thai yerk.. leaw dai pood phasa thai dee chai mai??

abe9
22-01-10, 12:20 PM

huhh holymann.. paag waan mark nee... chua dai mai?? tae poo-ying thai aan nee,, tai gor dai..

pood thai kheng mark..
abe9 kid wa, holymann deum nam-lai poo-ying thai yerk.. leaw dai pood phasa thai dee chai mai??

holymannn
22-01-10, 02:12 PM
pom phut thai mai kheng. phut dai nit noi. teh kin nam lai pooying yer yer ko jing na. kekeke. teerak pom sohn thai mai kheng. thong ao ha teerak mai. Pi Abe9, mee pooying nae nam mai khrap?

pood thai kheng mark..

holymannn
22-01-10, 02:12 PM
pom phut thai mai kheng. phut dai nit noi. teh kin nam lai pooying yer yer ko jing na. kekeke. teerak pom sohn thai mai kheng. thong ao ha teerak mai. Pi Abe9, mee pooying nae nam mai khrap?

pood thai kheng mark..

DeKuip
22-01-10, 03:10 PM

Your spring return is still the best... too bad it's so far away.

Nice to see your respond... next time ktv pls do call me. :)

Coloring/change font ect you need to click on advance.. then the whole bar is on top of your post. :)

DeKuip
22-01-10, 03:10 PM

Coloring/change font ect you need to click on advance.. then the whole bar is on top of your post. :)

DeKuip
22-01-10, 03:11 PM

where you go bro? Why need to say bon voyage? :p

DeKuip
22-01-10, 03:11 PM

holymannn
22-01-10, 03:49 PM

bon voyage to my gal ma.... she is going to work in elsewhere... probably she bored of my kukujiao already. :P

holymannn
22-01-10, 03:49 PM

bon voyage to my gal ma.... she is going to work in elsewhere... probably she bored of my kukujiao already. :P

Decent
22-01-10, 04:09 PM

Now I got to step aside as our Ah Chan Mod Monvantee is back here....he go to school....my nit noi thai is derive from roadside...cannot use one...only can sweet talk puying!

P/S: By the way, Mod Monvantee took Thai the proper way....going to school and learning the basic.

holymannn
22-01-10, 05:28 PM
Ah chan Monvantee. please enlighten how to say bon voyage in thai. Khokhun mak khrap

Now I got to step aside as our Ah Chan Mod Monvantee is back here....he go to school....my nit noi thai is derive from roadside...cannot use one...only can sweet talk puying!

P/S: By the way, Mod Monvantee took Thai the proper way....going to school and learning the basic.

abe9
22-01-10, 05:34 PM

that's why i always have stock available with me.. if you need some do tell me but in advance please..
been looking into comments on the brazilian pronto coffee.. maybe not that effective.. he.. he..
KTV?? i just join along maa.. the thai girl just love it when you are able to sing a thai song.. and i bet holymann does just that to melts their heart..

do inform me should there be any outing over at your place,, would love a beer or two..
or maybe a poo-ying or two.. he..he..

Decent
22-01-10, 05:49 PM
Let me clarify a little here regarding our "Ah Chan" Mod Monvantee, I used "Ah Chan" means sort of..shifu/master in golf, cheonging, drinking.....and etc etc...as he is an AH Chan of many things. The correct word to use is Kruu ,means teacher like Thai language teacher....!

Welcome Kruu Monvantee!:Love_144::YM - 58:

Decent
22-01-10, 05:52 PM
Ah chan Monvantee. please enlighten how to say bon voyage in thai. Khokhun mak khrap

กลับ สู่ สารบัญ

Ah Chan MON, ju tee nai?

sober
22-01-10, 07:08 PM
Ah Chan MON pai MUSE?

monvantee
23-01-10, 09:18 AM
Bro Decent - My thai fluency oso VERY LIMITED. It's always difficult and take a long time to master a foreign language espcially Thai language. So everyday is a learning day for me regardless together with co-workers, friends, gigs, caddies or those auntie at those food stalls.

monvantee
23-01-10, 09:38 AM
Bro .. for this word 'bon voyage'.. it's all depend when and with whom to use. I am not sure... but for myself I find it very formal to use this word especially when you are wishing verbally to your frens/gigs/teerak. At the same time, I seldom see Thai use this word too.

Overall, the direct translation for
Bon Voyage is "khor hai deern thang dooy sawasdee phaap" @ ขอให้เดินทางโดยสวัสดิภาพ
you also can use the shorter version "deern thang dooy sawasdee phaap"

For me, I will use this sentence ... more personal and informal
"khor hai duay khwam bprat tha naa lae raksaa sook kha phaap duay na krap"

"duay khwam bprat tha naa" @ ด้วยความปรารถนา means best wishes.
"raksaa sook kha phaap duay" @ รักษาสุขภาพด้วย means do take care yourself

monvantee
23-01-10, 09:50 AM
Pai bpao? (Want to go?)
Meua keun phom gub peuan peuan yuu tee MUSE na. (Yest. nite I was at Muse with my frens)

Ah Chan MON pai MUSE?

monvantee
23-01-10, 10:10 AM
There is one thing I want to share with all bros here which I do see often happen whenever a foreigner speaks Thai.

Earlier in my post I did mentioned that most of us like to speak Thai in a short cut way which Thai people do understand but sometimes it do sounds rude and also impolite.

One of the example :-

Sometimes sounds rude when a person says 'aow bai-set' in short tone while they are paying the bill.
The words is correct and they can understand that we want receipt @ "aow bai set" but if we say in short tone it will be like
"WANT RECEIPT !!!"

Try to speak slower n with longer tone and also add words like "duay", "na krap"... it will be very polite and appreciating gesture. (I hv seen Holymann very good in this during our crazy wholesale shopping spree previously in BKK and also the way he speak to his teerak.. 555)

Actually, you can say "aow bai set naa kraap" ... speak slower and longer & low tone. (similar when speak "manja" (malay) like tat lah)

If you want proper way .... you can say ... "Nong, khor bai set duay naa kraap."

Decent
23-01-10, 11:30 AM
Actually, you can say "aow bai set naa kraap" ... speak slower and longer & low tone. (similar when speak "manja" (malay) like tat lah)

If you want proper way .... you can say ... "Nong, khor bai set duay naa kraap."

I fell this word is very good for newbie like me....as it is very well manner word to use.

It means like, please! Direct translation to that word is pledge or begs....!:YM - 39:

This use is used a lot in Bangkok but less in Hatyai or southern side of Thailand.

Another word can be used often is "Karuna" (Please) and after people says Thank you! you can reply Ying Dee (Welcome)

Like for example: Nong, pai duay kan dai mai, karuna! Pai khun diow ber mak na !
(Let's go together, please, going alone is boring leh!)

Decent
23-01-10, 11:30 AM

I fell this word is very good for newbie like me....as it is very well manner word to use.

It means like, please! Direct translation to that word is pledge or begs....!:YM - 39:

This use is used a lot in Bangkok but less in Hatyai or southern side of Thailand.

Another word can be used often is "Karuna" (Please) and after people says Thank you! you can reply Ying Dee (Welcome)

Like for example: Nong, pai duay kan dai mai, karuna! Pai khun diow ber mak na !
(Let's go together, please, going alone is boring leh!)

Decent
23-01-10, 11:37 AM
Bro Decent - My thai fluency oso VERY LIMITED. It's always difficult and take a long time to master a foreign language espcially Thai language. So everyday is a learning day for me regardless together with co-workers, friends, gigs, caddies or those auntie at those food stalls.

Bro you understanding of Thai is the best among us.....our Thai you know lah, we learn from where.(puying thai - part-time teerak aunty selling fried chicken etc etc) So you need to advise us on the proper usage of Thai Language!

Kop Khun Mak Na Krap!

Decent
23-01-10, 11:37 AM

Bro you understanding of Thai is the best among us.....our Thai you know lah, we learn from where.(puying thai - part-time teerak aunty selling fried chicken etc etc) So you need to advise us on the proper usage of Thai Language!

Kop Khun Mak Na Krap!

goodtham
23-01-10, 11:42 AM
There is one thing I want to share with all bros here which I do see often happen whenever a foreigner speaks Thai.

Earlier in my post I did mentioned that most of us like to speak Thai in a short cut way which Thai people do understand but sometimes it do sounds rude and also impolite.

Sometimes sounds rude when a person says 'aow bai-set' in short tone while they are paying the bill.
The words is correct and they can understand that we want receipt @ "aow bai set" but if we say in short tone it will be like
"WANT RECEIPT !!!"

Try to speak slower n with longer tone and also add words like "duay", "na krap"... it will be very polite and appreciating gesture. (I hv seen Holymann very good in this during our crazy wholesale shopping spree previously in BKK and also the way he speak to his teerak.. 555)

Bro M, you are my idol.......... :ola::ola::ola:

goodtham
23-01-10, 11:42 AM

"WANT RECEIPT !!!"

Bro M, you are my idol.......... :ola::ola::ola:

holymannn
25-01-10, 09:51 AM
Ah chan Mon, duay mean "also" right? like yu duay, pai duay and etc? correct or not?

This Khor word very powerful lo.... remember i went for a massage at penang by a cute thai puying. At the end of the session i ask her khor laek tolasap dai mai khrap..... she is more than happy to give me..... 55555

btw, bill = Keap tang? bai set more formal?

Ah chan, my teerak always said me phut phasa thai not polite le...

"WANT RECEIPT !!!"

holymannn
25-01-10, 09:53 AM
wow.... so mouth full one la.....

Bro .. for this word 'bon voyage'.. it's all depend when and with whom to use. I am not sure... but for myself I find it very formal to use this word especially when you are wishing verbally to your frens/gigs/teerak. At the same time, I seldom see Thai use this word too.

Overall, the direct translation for
Bon Voyage is "khor hai deern thang dooy sawasdee phaap" @ ขอให้เดินทางโดยสวัสดิภาพ
you also can use the shorter version "deern thang dooy sawasdee phaap"

For me, I will use this sentence ... more personal and informal
"khor hai duay khwam bprat tha naa lae raksaa sook kha phaap duay na krap"

"duay khwam bprat tha naa" @ ด้วยความปรารถนา means best wishes.
"raksaa sook kha phaap duay" @ รักษาสุขภาพด้วย means do take care yourself

quikstrike
25-01-10, 10:42 AM
wahh..very hard to catch up la

monvantee
27-01-10, 09:54 PM
"duay: means together
yuu duay @ here/got together
pai duay @ go together

"khor laek tolasap dai mai khrap" ... it will be better to use "ber" for "laek" = "khor ber thorasap dai mai na krap" or "khor ber meu ther dai mai na krap"

bin = bill
receipt = bai set
check bin = more formal usually we use at restaurant
geb dtang = more informal usually we use at road stalls

Ah chan Mon, duay mean "also" right? like yu duay, pai duay and etc? correct or not?

This Khor word very powerful lo.... remember i went for a massage at penang by a cute thai puying. At the end of the session i ask her khor laek tolasap dai mai khrap..... she is more than happy to give me..... 55555

btw, bill = Keap tang? bai set more formal?

Ah chan, my teerak always said me phut phasa thai not polite le...

holymannn
28-01-10, 11:33 AM
Korp khun na khrap Arjan Mon.....

"duay: means together
yuu duay @ here/got together
pai duay @ go together

"khor laek tolasap dai mai khrap" ... it will be better to use "ber" for "laek" = "khor ber thorasap dai mai na krap" or "khor ber meu ther dai mai na krap"

bin = bill
receipt = bai set
check bin = more formal usually we use at restaurant
geb dtang = more informal usually we use at road stalls

Decent
28-01-10, 12:25 PM
wahh..very hard to catch up la

Ask us whatever you want to know......we got our in-house Arjan....(teacher here)

thaifreak
02-02-10, 03:50 PM
Papa decent.....I want to know these :-

1) flooring in thai
2) pvc tile in thai
3) cement in thai
4) latex in thai
5) measurement in thai
6) interior renovation in thai
7) construction in thai
8) invoice
9) quotation
10) delivery order

can u help me on these???? Please......Khob khun mak mak krap.

thaifreak
05-02-10, 03:25 PM
found these on the net on expressing your feelings in Lao but somehow very similar to Thai in some way! hope it will be useful!

to understand is to enter the heart – khao jai
to be glad is to feel good at heart – dee jai
to be kind and honest is to have a good heart – jai dee
to be angry is to feel bad in the heart – jai hai
to be sorry is to have lost the heart – sia jai
to have empathy is to see the heart– hen jai
to feel upset is to be unhappy at heart – ouk jai
to be sensitive (touchy, nervous) is to have a small heart – jai noy
to be mean or stingy is to have a narrow heart – jai khap khaep
to be startled or get a fright is to drop the heart – tok jai
to be absent minded is to have a heart which floats – jai loy
to be hesitant is to have many hearts – lai jai
to be worried is to have a sick heart – bo sabai jai
to be content is to have a serene heart – sabai jai
to be without worries is to feel cool in the heart – jai yen
to be impatient or angry is to have a hot heart – jai hon
to be generous is to have a large heart – jai kuang
to be sad is to have a heavy heart – thouk jai
to be happy is to have a 'sweet' heart – souk jai
to be grateful is to have a full or thankful heart – kop jai
to be easily persuaded is to have an easy heart – jai ngai
to be decisive – jai det
to be bitter to the point of revenge is to have a black heart – jai dum
to be charitable is to have a festive heart – jai boun
to be considerate, respecting the wishes of elders and superiors – greng jai
(or kreng jai – probably the most difficult of all to explain in a Western concept)
to be generous is to be big hearted – jai nyai
to be patient is to have a persevering heart – jai ot thon
to be honest is to have a pure heart – jai bolisud
to be brave is to have a daring heart – jai ka
to be timid is to have a cautious heart – jai boh ka
to control one's emotions is to have a strong heart – jai kaeng
to die is to have your heart torn apart – jai khart

Decent
06-02-10, 11:58 AM
Papa decent.....I want to know these :-

1) flooring in thai
2) pvc tile in thai
3) cement in thai
4) latex in thai
5) measurement in thai
6) interior renovation in thai
7) construction in thai
8) invoice
9) quotation
10) delivery order

can u help me on these???? Please......Khob khun mak mak krap.

Aiyo all these I don't know leh.....have to ask Ah Chan Mon.....!

thaifreak
06-02-10, 09:57 PM
Aiyo all these I don't know leh.....have to ask Ah Chan Mon.....!

TNS so simple also u dont know......u only know those pak wan thing only la....memang super lao jiao Grandmaster teerak!!

goodtham
09-02-10, 11:03 AM
I think need to keep this tutorial going... I need to learn, cipek, all the sifu of Thai language keep quiet....

I was told

1. I greet my auntie 'sawadee torn chao', she said nicer and more pleasant to say "Arun Sawadee"....

2. Now I learn why ' heart drop' was used... literally translated from 'Tok Jai'..she was trying to say ' frightened'..

3. Kop Chai vs Kop Pun Krap

4. How to say excuse me, as in been block from moving.... 'Tor tut krap'???/

Any comments, hope to keep this rolling........

holymannn
09-02-10, 11:17 AM
Tok jai can used as supprise too...

frightening is na kua

please correct me if i am wrong arjan.....

I think need to keep this tutorial going... I need to learn, cipek, all the sifu of Thai language keep quiet....

I was told

1. I greet my auntie 'sawadee torn chao', she said nicer and more pleasant to say "Arun Sawadee"....

2. Now I learn why ' heart drop' was used... literally translated from 'Tok Jai'..she was trying to say ' frightened'..

3. Kop Chai vs Kop Pun Krap

4. How to say excuse me, as in been block from moving.... 'Tor tut krap'???/

Any comments, hope to keep this rolling........

goodtham
09-02-10, 11:45 AM

frightening is na kua

cheek pie (some Thai vulgarities), don't call me arjan..... I only learning here......

goodtham
09-02-10, 11:49 AM
cheek pie.... not same as chee bye...

'cheek' sound like 7 in mandarin, 'pie' sound like queue up in cantonese.... :ninja::ninja:

Decent
09-02-10, 02:03 PM

frightening is na kua

Tik jai means more like "shock"

Tien' chai is excited

I am not arjan.....arjan is busy now....school holiday right Arjan Mon.

YYY
09-02-10, 04:38 PM
Tien' chai is excited. I am not arjan.....arjan is busy now
Sexcited, how bro Decent:hot:?

goodtham
09-02-10, 06:54 PM
Sexcited, how bro Decent:hot:?

Kueh Tien Jai - lan cheow excited.....hee hee

holymannn
10-02-10, 11:29 AM
arjan.... how to say congratulation in thailand?

Decent
10-02-10, 01:18 PM
Hello Arjan Mon....where is he? Got to sms him and wake him up!

mikemike
10-02-10, 02:05 PM
arjan.... how to say congratulation in thailand?

khor sadaaeng khwaam yindee Krab/ka or ขอแสดงความยินดี ครับ

Found it online..eieiei

holymannn
11-02-10, 10:34 AM
tai ko.... can share the website?

Found it online..eieiei

monvantee
11-02-10, 11:54 AM
Sorry ... lately busy with my work as I am leaving my current company. My last working day is tomorrow !!!. Will start my new job on 1st Mar ... I have 2 weeks break before beginning a new chapter in my career ...

Hello Arjan Mon....where is he? Got to sms him and wake him up!

monvantee
11-02-10, 12:00 PM
You are right.

Congratulation = khaaw sa daaeng khwaam yin dee
but to be more pleasant just add "duay" toward the end. However, this sentence is very formal .. only use during very formal conversation.

If you are wishing to friends, you can just say .. yin dee duay na krap or dee jai duay na krap.
both oso have same meaning = welcome/glad .... so for normal day to day conversation.. Thai ppl seldom use so formal words and they will feel weird if we use such a formal words/sentence.

Found it online..eieiei

monvantee
11-02-10, 12:06 PM
You are right !!! Another arjan in the forum

frightening is na kua

monvantee
11-02-10, 12:17 PM
Based on my understanding ...

Excited can use ... "dteun dten" or also "jai dten"

Tik Jai ... I am not sure whether can use for general shock ...
usually general shock we use as per Holymann said earlier "Tok Jai" = Tok means fall and Jai means heart

For Tik Jai ... if we pronounce as Dtit Jai = means heart stop ... oso can use for many situation that something happen unexpected till ur 'heart stop".

Or also u can sweet talk to ur teerak ... "kid teung mak keun.. jai ja dtit laeo na" = miss you too much till the heart will going to stop working.

Tik jai means more like "shock"

Tien' chai is excited

I am not arjan.....arjan is busy now....school holiday right Arjan Mon.

mikemike
11-02-10, 01:55 PM
tai ko.... can share the website?

here you go:
http://www.thaismile.jp/ThaiLanguage/e_ThaiLanguage_Like_Love_Congratulations.html#Cong ratulations

btw i am not tai ko..and i dun speak thai na~ just like to sharing the love ^^

mikemike
11-02-10, 01:59 PM
You are right.

Congratulation = khaaw sa daaeng khwaam yin dee
but to be more pleasant just add "duay" toward the end. However, this sentence is very formal .. only use during very formal conversation.

If you are wishing to friends, you can just say .. yin dee duay na krap or dee jai duay na krap.
both oso have same meaning = welcome/glad .... so for normal day to day conversation.. Thai ppl seldom use so formal words and they will feel weird if we use such a formal words/sentence.

Noted. Thanks for sharing Ar-jarn ^^

monvantee
11-02-10, 03:39 PM
You r welcome.
BTW, I am not arjarn ... just sharing the knowledge that I learn n experienced.

Noted. Thanks for sharing Ar-jarn ^^

mikemike
11-02-10, 06:29 PM
You r welcome.
BTW, I am not arjarn ... just sharing the knowledge that I learn n experienced.

Really glad to hear that..there is no delight in owning anything unshared ;-p Btw during my last November BKK trip i didn't got the chance to meet you @ Nathong Restaurant due to meeting my thai teacher. Really hope to meet you in my next BKK trip. ^^

Cheers!

monvantee
12-02-10, 11:32 AM
Sure. Just call me whenever u r in BKK.

Really glad to hear that..there is no delight in owning anything unshared ;-p Btw during my last November BKK trip i didn't got the chance to meet you @ Nathong Restaurant due to meeting my thai teacher. Really hope to meet you in my next BKK trip. ^^

Cheers!

mikemike
13-02-10, 01:53 PM
Sure. Just call me whenever u r in BKK.

Thanks in advance na krap!

Gong Xi Fa Cai to every BROSss...HAUT AH!!!

holymannn
19-02-10, 05:31 PM
Here are all the "Jai" - heart words in thai....

bplairk jai - Wonder / Confuse
bplee-an jai - Change Mind
bpralaht jai - Surpised
cheu-a jai - Believe In
chorp jai - Like / Be Pleased
dee jai - Happy / Pleased
dtahm jai - Go Along With
dtang jai - Intend
dtem jai - Excited
gamlang jai - Have Will Power
gep jai - Hide Feelings
gloom jai - Worried
greng jai - Considerate / Respectful
hen jai - Sympathise
jap jai - Touching
jep jai - Feel Hurt
jit jai - emotional / mental state
jing jai - Sincere
kao jai - Understand
korp jai - Thankful
mun jai - Become Sure of a Person
nair jai - Certain
poom ja -i Proud
por jai - Satisfied
sabai jai - Content
sao jai - Sad
see-a jai - Upset / Broken Hearted
son jai - Interested
tam jai - Accept
touk jai - To One's Liking
wai jai - Trust

mikemike
20-02-10, 04:34 PM
Many thanks for Bro Holymannn ^^ phom mai khao jai..eieiei..chok dee na krap!

KiKo_
21-02-10, 03:59 AM
pom ko mai kao jai meng kan khap... thot jai mak mak, phut thai mai geng meng law pi holymann ei ei....

holymannn
22-02-10, 09:23 AM
mai tong ko6. Taiko Kiko phut thai meng khun thai laew. tok jai jing jing.

pom ko mai kao jai meng kan khap... thot jai mak mak, phut thai mai geng meng law pi holymann ei ei....

KiKo_
22-02-10, 09:57 AM
mai tong ko6. Taiko Kiko phut thai meng khun thai laew. tok jai jing jing.

pi, pom ti nai meng kon thai, kid wa pai hong nam pat sa wa meng kon thai ni noi dai ei... ei...

holymannn
22-02-10, 03:05 PM
wah.... i mai kao jai what you say in last sentense.... phut thai keng jing jing na...

pi, pom ti nai meng kon thai, kid wa pai hong nam pat sa wa meng kon thai ni noi dai ei... ei...

mikemike
22-02-10, 04:40 PM
All these words contain "sia": เสีย - [ V ] lose ; be rotten ; be bad, [ ADV ] really ; definitely

เสียใจ - sĭa jai ........................................ sad ; upset ;
ผู้เสียชีวิต - pôo sĭa chee-wít ........................................ dead person ; the dead
เสียดาย - sĭa daai ........................................ regret ; feel sorry for the loss
ความเสียหาย - kwaam sĭa hăai ........................................ damage ; harm
เสียที - sĭa tee ........................................ be defeated ; be conquered ; be tricked
เสียเวลา - sĭa way-laa ........................................ waste time ; lose time
เสียน้ำตา - sĭa nám dtaa ........................................ shed tears ;
เสียสละ - sĭa sà-là ........................................ sacrifice (something) ; give something up ; make a sacrifice
ข้อเสีย - kôr sĭa ........................................ disadvantage ; fault ; defect
ได้เสีย - dâai sĭa ........................................ gain and lose ; gain and spend
เสียคน - sĭa kon ........................................ degenerate ; deteriorate
ความสูญเสีย - kwaam sŏon sĭa ........................................ waste ; loss
เสียภาษี - sĭa paa-sĕe ........................................ pay for tax ; pay for duty
เสียเปรียบ - sĭa bprìap ........................................ be adverse ; be disadvantageous ; be unfavorable
ค่าเสียหาย - kâa sĭa hăai ........................................ damages ; loss ; fee commission ; fine
เสียเงิน - sĭa ngern ........................................ lose one's money ;
อารมณ์เสีย - aa-rom sĭa ........................................ be upset ; have a bad temper
กล้าได้กล้าเสีย - glâa dâai glâa sĭa ........................................ sporting ; enterprising ; venturesome
เสียจน - sĭa jon ........................................ so much that ;
เสียค่าใช้จ่าย - sĭa kâa chái jàai ........................................ pay for expenses ;
เสียความรู้สึก - sĭa kwaam róo-sèuk ........................................ feel bad ;
ท้องเสีย - tóng sĭa ........................................ diarrhea ;
ของเสีย - kŏng sĭa ........................................ waste ; waste product ; waste matter ; scrap
ใจเสีย - jai sĭa ........................................ be frightened ; be dejected ; be disheartened ; be discouraged ; be dispirited ; lose heart
ไอเสีย - ai sĭa ........................................ exhaust ;
นิสัยเสีย - ní-săi sĭa ........................................ be spoilt ;
เสียเปล่า - sĭa bplào ........................................ useless ; fruitless
สั่งเสีย - sàng sĭa ........................................ admonish ; exhort ; urge ; advise
เสียตัว - sĭa dtua ........................................ lose one's virginity ;
ผู้เสียหาย - pôo sĭa hăai ........................................ injured person ; sufferer ; the wounded
เสียโอกาส - sĭa oh-gàat ........................................ lose opportunity ; lose chance
ผลเสีย - pŏn sĭa ........................................ bad result ; disadvantage
เสียสติ - sĭa sà-dtì ........................................ be insane ; go mad
หัวเสีย - hŭa sĭa ........................................ be in a bad temper ; lose one's temper ; be irritable
เสียสาว - sĭa săao ........................................ lose one's virginity ;
เสียเชิง - sĭa cherng ........................................ be defeated ; be conquered
เสื่อมเสีย - sèuam sĭa ........................................ spoil one's reputation ; damage one's name
เสียแรง - sĭa raeng ........................................ waste one effort ;
เสียการ - sĭa gaan ........................................ spoil the work ;
เสียหน้า - sĭa nâa ........................................ lose face ; feel ashamed
เสียโฉม - sĭa chŏhm ........................................ lose one's beauty ; become ugly
พื้นเสีย - péun sĭa ........................................ be moody ; lose temper ; be morose ; be angry
เสียสิทธิ - sĭa sìt ........................................ be deprived of the right ;
ชื่อเสีย - chêu sĭa ........................................ notoriety ; infamy ; bad reputation
เสียรู้ - sĭa róo ........................................ be outwitted ; be taken in ; be fooled
เสียท่า - sĭa tâa ........................................ be defeated ; be conquered ; be tricked
เสียหลาย - sĭa lăai ........................................ be used up in vain ;
เสียค่าธรรมเนียม - sĭa kâa tam-má-niam ........................................ pay for fee ;
ปากเสีย - bpàak sĭa ........................................ be abusive ; be reproaching
เสียชื่อ - sĭa chêu ........................................ be disreputable ; be notorious ; be infamous ; lose one's reputation

Found it in other forum ^^

mikemike
22-02-10, 05:18 PM
So far the most commonly word that i have heard is aa-rom sĭa..most of the puyin flower girl or coyote will tell that to me..555 because i always tell them i mai mi dtang..eieiei

acidtest
22-02-10, 06:28 PM
wah.... i mai kao jai what you say in last sentense.... phut thai keng jing jing na...

Let me guess, Kiko's trying 2 say tat his face doesnt look like Thai but d way he fcuks more or less like Thai. Hehe...

kammou1289
22-02-10, 07:02 PM
Let me guess, Kiko's trying 2 say tat his face doesnt look like Thai but d way he fcuks more or less like Thai. Hehe...

i also understand kiko words same like ur translation.... lol...

KiKo_
23-02-10, 01:00 AM

i also understand kiko words same like ur translation.... lol...

holymannn : the last sentense mean i go bathroom pee, a little bit same like thai ppl, haha.... maybe my thai word wrong, not sure how to write it but the sound is something like that.

Acid & kammou : i think both of u not trying to said me but is yourself, haha....

holymannn
23-02-10, 08:19 AM
aa-rom to my understanding is feel... aa-rom sia is feel sad.... aa-rom dee is feeling good... mai mee aa-rom is no feeling. when you are too tired and your gal still wanna "ao gan" with you, you can say mai mee aa-rom tam.... This is what i am understand.... correct me if i am wrong Arjans...

bro, btw, which website you use? solid le. can search all words contains sia....

So far the most commonly word that i have heard is aa-rom sĭa..most of the puyin flower girl or coyote will tell that to me..555 because i always tell them i mai mi dtang..eieiei

holymannn
23-02-10, 08:21 AM
ror.... think i still need to put more effort. maybe fet another few more teerak. University one will be better.... kekekeke

holymannn : the last sentense mean i go bathroom pee, a little bit same like thai ppl, haha.... maybe my thai word wrong, not sure how to write it but the sound is something like that.

Acid & kammou : i think both of u not trying to said me but is yourself, haha....

Decent
23-02-10, 09:15 AM
aa-rom to my understanding is feel... aa-rom sia is feel sad.... aa-rom dee is feeling good... mai mee aa-rom is no feeling. when you are too tired and your gal still wanna "ao gan" with you, you can say mai mee aa-rom tam.... This is what i am understand.... correct me if i am wrong Arjans...

bro, btw, which website you use? solid le. can search all words contains sia....

Aa-rom is more towards to mood....as far as I have understood Thai, aa-rom sia means no more mood or my mood is spoil.

Wait for Arjan Mon to clarify!

mikemike
23-02-10, 02:47 PM
Yeah..let's wait for him na~

Bro Holymannn..i hi-jack it from this website: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Interesting-Group-Words-Sia-and-t238370.html

Sharing the love na krap ^O^

holymannn
04-03-10, 09:09 AM
Hello arjans, how to say "i am not perfect" in thai?

monvantee
17-03-10, 10:30 AM
phom mai chai pen yaawt chai na = i am not a perfect guy

Hello arjans, how to say "i am not perfect" in thai?

monvantee
17-03-10, 10:36 AM
Bro Holymann,
Usually for sad... we used "sia jai" or also we can used for "song-san" for pityful

Bro Decent - you are right as "aroom" is usually used for feeling expression.

Aroom Sia = no mood, the mood spoilt, "potong stim"
Aroom Dee = good mood

Aa-rom is more towards to mood....as far as I have understood Thai, aa-rom sia means no more mood or my mood is spoil.

Wait for Arjan Mon to clarify!

holymannn
17-03-10, 11:03 AM
korkhun mak khrap. how to pronounce "yaawt"?

thaifreak
17-03-10, 01:24 PM
korkhun mak khrap. how to pronounce "yaawt"?

kanasai.....i know u gonna use this phrase pretty soon! hehehehehe........i also wanna use it!

thaifreak
17-03-10, 01:36 PM
how to say....I am very in love with you.....I want to marry you...take care of you...for as long as i live! arjan please help!

holymannn
17-03-10, 02:19 PM
pom rak khun tee soot, yak teng ngan kap khun, do lay khun....

for as long as i live --- this i dont know.... need to ask arjan laew... :P

how to say....I am very in love with you.....I want to marry you...take care of you...for as long as i live! arjan please help!

holymannn
17-03-10, 02:19 PM
hehe.... yes... i anot perfect ma... really what

kanasai.....i know u gonna use this phrase pretty soon! hehehehehe........i also wanna use it!

YYY
17-03-10, 05:05 PM
Great stuff this thread, for us siam kia wannabes +555

Tried to practice this on this new Lampang OL, she was encouraging with this version (meant to be helpful, no criticism):

Pom mai som boon baab

Seems 1st one was "old" language. Actually told me to simply use

Pom mai perfect

Of course, I'd rather use the last not tongue twister

And I wouldn't go so far with bro thaifreak's marriage proposal.. serious arh?

thaifreak
17-03-10, 09:22 PM
Great stuff this thread, for us siam kia wannabes +555

Tried to practice this on this new Lampang OL, she was encouraging with this version (meant to be helpful, no criticism):

Pom mai som boon baab

Seems 1st one was "old" language. Actually told me to simply use

Pom mai perfect

Of course, I'd rather use the last not tongue twister

And I wouldn't go so far with bro thaifreak's marriage proposal.. serious arh?

I am serious.....on someone........anyway man needs to marry one fine day isn't so???? guess time has come....I need to move on!

YYY
18-03-10, 04:28 PM
I am serious.....on someone........anyway man needs to marry one fine day isn't so???? guess time has come....I need to move on!
Congrats. Excuse my ribbing off you, no offence.

For many of us, we already curi makan liao

thaifreak
19-03-10, 12:41 AM
Phom rak khun tee sood, yak tang ngan kap khun, pen huang nan thao chiwit phom re bhao.

holymannn
19-03-10, 08:25 AM
Keng mak louy taiko... but i will not use these "strong" word to puying.... after all i am a married guy..... short term relation ok la...... kekeke

Phom rak khun tee sood, yak tang ngan kap khun, pen huang nan thao chiwit phom re bhao.

YYY
19-03-10, 08:40 AM
Just learnt from long hair dictionary up north on how to say claypot rice (my dinner other night sg):

kao ob moh din

Err, maybe useless cannot sian puying with this

holymannn
19-03-10, 09:59 AM
even a name of an dish also can sian puying. bro... at least can impress them ma...

Everytime go have lunch or dinner with puying, sure i will order some thai dishes like Geng keaw waan, tam kha kai, yam pla dok full and etc.. then gal will look at me with big eye...but anyway they dont know these are the few dishes that i know in thai only... 5555... kan... need to know more, everytime eat this few disher also sian. 5555

Just learnt from long hair dictionary up north on how to say claypot rice (my dinner other night sg):

kao ob moh din

Err, maybe useless cannot sian puying with this

YYY
19-03-10, 02:16 PM
even a name of an dish also can sian puying. bro... at least can impress them ma.....
..but anyway they dont know these are the few dishes that i know in thai only... 5555... kan... need to know more, everytime eat this few disher also sian. 5555
At least you able to run off your standard menu. I the very kee kiat (lazy, laid back) leave it to puying to order. Maybe only special order is orh suan (oysters, for that zinc boost!). Then kns, kena all the strange dishes and strong flavours which less suited to my bland taste buds. Worse, I'm paying for it!

thaifreak
19-03-10, 04:15 PM
Nola.....to be a true "puying killer" that can sian the gals....U must be like bro holly talk thai, eat thai, drink thai........confirm can sian thai gals.....but I do agreed that to be able to order a few thai dishes......is good...impressive ma!

thaifreak
19-03-10, 04:16 PM
Keng mak louy taiko... but i will not use these "strong" word to puying.... after all i am a married guy..... short term relation ok la...... kekeke

hehehe...mai keng la! I only use it when the right time arise....and the right person arise....this word cannot simply use lor....sure masuk longkang one la!

holymannn
21-03-10, 11:11 AM
555... what my worry is i afraid i speak thai while i am sleeping and my wife heard it..... kan.... die.....

Nola.....to be a true "puying killer" that can sian the gals....U must be like bro holly talk thai, eat thai, drink thai........confirm can sian thai gals.....but I do agreed that to be able to order a few thai dishes......is good...impressive ma!

holymannn
21-03-10, 11:12 AM
555... what my worry is i afraid i speak thai while i am sleeping and my wife heard it..... kan.... die.....

KiKo_
21-03-10, 07:38 PM
even a name of an dish also can sian puying. bro... at least can impress them ma...

Everytime go have lunch or dinner with puying, sure i will order some thai dishes like Geng keaw waan, tam kha kai, yam pla dok full and etc.. then gal will look at me with big eye...but anyway they dont know these are the few dishes that i know in thai only... 5555... kan... need to know more, everytime eat this few disher also sian. 5555

dop meu hai king holy !!! :Finger_fing22::Finger_fing22::Finger_fing22:

Decent
24-06-10, 11:30 PM
What is our Ah CHan Monvantee...?

Decent
27-09-10, 03:05 PM
Thai Alphabet Pictures

Page 01
http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/01.gif
(a chicken)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/001.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/02.gif
(an egg)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/002.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/03.gif
(a bottle)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/003.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/04.gif
(a buffalo)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/004.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/05.gif
(a human)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/005.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/06.gif
(a bell)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/006.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/07.gif
(a snake)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/007.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/08.gif
(a plate)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/008.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/09.gif
(a cymbal)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/009.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/10.gif
(an elephant)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/010.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/11.gif
(a chain)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/011.jpg

Decent
27-09-10, 03:14 PM
http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/12.gif
(a tree)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/012.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/13.gif
(a girl)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/013.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/14.gif
(a dancer's headdress)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/014.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/15.gif
(a goad)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/015.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/16.gif
(a platform)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/016.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/17.gif
(a giant's wife)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/017.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/18.gif
(an old man)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/018.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/19.gif
(a novice monk)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/019.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/20.gif
(a child)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/020.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/21.gif
(a turtle)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/021.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/22.gif
(a bag)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/022.jpg

Decent
27-09-10, 03:14 PM
http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/23.gif
(a soldier)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/023.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/24.gif
(a flag)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/024.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/25.gif
(a mouse)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/025.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/26.gif
(a leaf)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/026.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/27.gif
(a fish)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/027.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/28.gif
(a bee)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/028.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/29.gif
(a lid)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/029.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/30.gif
(a tray)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/030.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/31.gif
(a tooth)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/031.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/32.gif
(a sampan)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/032.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/33.gif
(a horse)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/033.jpg

Decent
27-09-10, 03:15 PM
http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/34.gif
(a giant)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/034.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/35.gif
(a boat)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/035.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/36.gif
(a monkey)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/036.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/37.gif
(a ring)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/037.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/38.gif
(a pavilion)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/038.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/39.gif
(a holy man)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/039.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/40.gif
(a tiger)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/040.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/41.gif
(a box)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/041.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/42.gif
(a kite)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/042.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/43.gif
(a bowl)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/043.jpg

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/44.gif
(an owl)

http://www.learningthai.com/alphabet/044.jpg

Decent
27-09-10, 03:29 PM
The most common greeting you will hear in Thailand is "sawatdee". This is quite often used for both hello and goodbye. With most of the phrases on this page you need to end with the polite words (http://www.learningthai.com/polite.html): khrab for men and kaa for women. There are also a few phrases where I say "phom" which is "I" for men. Women (http://www.learningthai.com/women.html) would normally say 'di-chun" in formal situations and "chun" among friends.

Hello/Goodbye
sawat-dee

Goodbye
la-gon

See you again
lao jer gun

good luck
chok dee

A. How are you? (sabai dee mai)

B. I am fine. (sabai dee)*
B. And you? (lao khun lae)
A. I am fine. (sabai dee)*

*Quite often in Thai you don't need to say "I". But, you can if you like. For men say "phom sabai dee". for women say "di-chun sabai dee".

A. What is your name? (khun chue arai)

B. My name is.... (phom chue....)*

A. Nice to know you (yin dee tee dai roo-juk)
B. Nice to know you too (chen gun)

Decent
27-09-10, 03:31 PM
Always use "krub" (for men) and "ka" (for women) when you want to be polite. Add these words to the end of all the examples below.

Men

Women

"khorb khun" means "Thank you".

"mai ben rai" means "it's ok". For example when someone tries to give you something but you don't want it or someone says thanks to you, you say mai ben rai.

"khor thot" means "sorry". You will say it when you want to interrupt someone, when you want to pass someone or when you do something wrong.

"sia jai" means "sorry" too. But in this case it means different thing. Like if someone died or got hurt, you say "phom/di-chan sia jai" which means "I am sorry".

Decent
27-09-10, 03:32 PM
If you are learning Thai for the first time, you will have some language difficulties. People will speak too fast or there will be certain words you won't understand. Thai people love it when they meet foreigners who are trying to learn their language. Carrying a small phrase book with words written out in Thai and English is always an ice breaker. Point to any phrase and ask them "how do you say this?"

I want to learn Thai. (phom yak rian pa sa thai)
Don't forget men say "phom" for "I". Women say "di-chun". Visit the Women Speaking Thai (http://www.learningthai.com/women.html) page for sound clips.

Can you teach me Thai? (sorn pa sa thai phom dai mai)
Don't forget men say "phom" for "I". Women say "di-chun".

Can you help me please? (chuay dai mai)
For a "dai mai" question (can you?) they will reply "dai" for yes or "mai dai" for no.

Can you speak English? (poot pa sa ang grit dai mai)
For a "dai mai" question (can you?) they will reply "dai" for yes or "mai dai" for no.

I can only speak a little English. (poot pa sa ang grit dai nit noi)
Here we didn't put in "I" in the Thai sentence. It is not really needed when you are speaking Thai.

Can you speak Thai? (poot pa sa thai dai mai)

A little. (nit noi)
This is the best answer if someone asks you if you can speak Thai.

How do you read this? (arn yang rai)

What do you call this in Thai? (nee pa sa thai riak wa a-rai)
Don't forget to point to some Thai words.

How do you spell it? (sa got yang rai)

Can you please write it down? (khian dai mai)

Do you understand? (khao jai mai)

I don't understand. (mai khao jai)
If you understand just say "kao jai".

Can you speak louder? (poot dang dang dai mai)

Can you speak slower? (poot char char dai mai)

Say again please. (poot eek krang)

I don't understand the word ... (mai khao jai cum wa ...)
Use this when a Thai person uses a word you don't understand.

What does ... mean? (... plae wa a-rai)

Decent
27-09-10, 03:35 PM
The Thai word for "country" is "bra-tet". When you want to say the name of the country, you better say "bra-tet" first.
Anyway, you won't be wrong if you just say the name of the country without the word "bra-tet" at the front.

Country
bra-tet

For example: America, in Thai you should say "bra-tet a-may-ri-gar".

Where do you come from? (koon maa jaak nai)

I come from ... (pom maa jaak ...)

America

a may ri gaa
Australia

aot dtae lia
Belgium*

bell yiam
Brunei*

broo nai
Canada*

cae na da
China

jeen
Denmark*

den mak
France

fa rang set
Finland*

fin lan
Germany

yer ra man
Hong Kong

hong gong
Hungary*

hang ga ree
India

inn dear
Indonesia

inn do nee sear
Italy

it dta lee
Japan

yee boon
Korea

gal lee
Malaysia

maa lay sear
Netherlands

nay ter lan
New Zealand*

new sea lan
Norway*

nor way
Philippines

fi lib bin
Singapore

sing ga bo
Sweden

sa wee den
Switzerland*

sa-wit ser lan
Taiwan

dtai wan
United Kingdom

ang git
Yugoslavia*

yoo go sa-la via

Decent
27-09-10, 03:36 PM
How to Say "NO"

http://www.learningthai.com/images/ctoon371.JPGThailand is not really that bad with street hawkers, tuk tuk drivers or people trying to sell you something. International sign language of shaking your head and walking on usually works. But try some of these phrases, you might surprise them. They then might stop bothering you.

I don't want any (mai ow khrab*)
I don't have any money (mai mee dtung)
I forgot my money (leum ow dtung ma)
*for women you must say kaa not khrab. Click here (http://www.learningthai.com/women.html) to visit the "Women Speaking Thai" page.

When you are walking down a street you might hear someone ask you "bai nai?" This means "Where are you going?" Usually it will be a tuk tuk driver but sometimes just an ordinary person. Some visitors get annoyed because they hear it so often. But really, "bai nai" is like a greeting and the person isn't really interested in your answer.

A: Where are you going? (bai nai?)

B: going out for pleasure (bai tee o) That might be enough for most people. But, if a tuk tuk driver is insistant try:

I want to walk (ja dern bai) A common complaint we get are about tuk tuk drivers or other people telling tourists that a temple or museum is closed for the day. They then take the tourists to another place and then eventually a gem shop. This is a scam. Try some of these replies:

I don't believe you (mai chue)
Not true (mai jing)
I want to go and see for myself (ja bai do eng)
I have been there already (ker-ree bai ma lao)
I don't want to go (mai yak bai)

Decent
27-09-10, 03:54 PM
Thai alphabet (ตัวอักษรไทย)

Origin

The Thai alphabet was probably derived from, or at least influenced by, the Old Khmer alphabet. According to tradition it was created in 1283 by King Ramkhamhaeng (พ่อขุนรามคำแหงมหาราช).
Notable features

This is a syllabic alphabet consisting of 44 basic consonants, each with an inherent vowel: [o] in medial position and [a] in final position. The [a] is usually found in words of Sanskrit, Pali or Khmer origin while the [o] is found native Thai words. The 18 other vowels and 6 diphthongs are indicated using diacritics which appear in front of, above, below of after the consonants they modify.
8 of the letters are used only for writing words of Pali and Sanskrit origin.
For some consonants there are multiple letters. Originally they represented separate sounds, but over the years the distinction between those sounds was lost and the letters were used instead to indicate tones.
Thai is a tonal language with 5 tones. The tone of a syllable is determined by a combination of the class of consonant, the type of syllable (open or closed), the tone marker and the length of the vowel.
There are no spaces between words, instead spaces in a Thai text indicate the end of a clause or sentence.

Used to write

Thai (ภาษาไทย), a Tai-Kadai language spoken by about 65 million people mainly in Thailand (ประเทศไทย), and also in the Midway Islands, Singapore, the UAE and the USA
Thai is closely related to Lao, and northern dialects of Thai are more or less mutually intelligible with Lao, particularly the Lao spoken in northern Thailand. Thai vocabulary includes many words from Pali, Sanskrit and Old Khmer.
The Thai alphabet can also be used to write Sanskrit (http://www.omniglot.com/writing/thai.htm#sanskrit), Pali and a number of related languages.

(http://www.highspeedthai.com/HowToReadThaiVideoFLV.aspx?video=983478923)
Thai alphabet (ตัวอักษรไทย)

Consonants (พยัญชนะ)

http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/thai_cons.gif
Notes

Consonants are divided into three classes: low (เสียงต่ำ), mid (เสียงกลาง) and high (เสียงสูง) , which help to determine the tone of a syllable.
The sounds represented by some consonants change when they are used at the end of a syllable (indicated by the letters on the right of the slash). Some consonants can only be used at the beginning of a syllable.
Duplicate consonants represent different Sanskrit and Pali consonants sounds which are pronounced identically in Thai.
The letter o ang acts as a silent vowel carrier at the beginning of words that start with a vowel.
The names of the consonants are acrophonic and intended to help with learning them.

Vowel diacritics (รูปสระ)

http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/thai_vwl.gif
Numerals (ตัวเลขไทย)

http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/thai_num.gif
Tone indication

Open syllables Closed syllables * unmarked http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/thai_tone1.gif http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/thai_tone2.gif short vowel long vowel Class 1 mid low falling low low Class 2 rising low falling low low Class 3 mid falling high high falling
* Closed syllables are those ending with p, t or k
http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/thai_punc.gif
Downloads

Sample text in Thai

http://www.omniglot.com/images/langsamples/udhr_thai.gif
Transliteration

rao thuk khon koet ma yang itsara rao thuk khon mi khwamkhit lae khwam khaochai pen khong rao eng rao thuk khon khwan dairap kan patibat nai thang diaokan
Listen to a recording of this text by Jo S. (http://www.omniglot.com/soundfiles/udhr/udhr_th.mp3)

Translation

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Thai alphabet for Sanskrit

These are the Thai letters used to write Sanskrit.
http://www.omniglot.com/images/writing/thai_sanskrit.gif

Decent
30-09-10, 06:23 PM
Found this in other forum....useful ...hahahah!

The day is roughly divided into 4 parts and hence you will notice how the name of the hours change through the different parts of the day. As you can see how complicated it is, it would be equally complicated to translate that time system to the English time system.
English
Thai
The hours
Midnight
Tiang Khuen
1 am
Tee Neung
2 am
Tee Song
3 am
Tee Sahm
4 am
Tee See
5 am
Tee Hah
6 am
Hok Mong Chao
7 am
Jet Mong Chao
8 am
Pairt Mong Chao
9 am
Kao Mong Chao
10 am
Sip Mong Chao
11 am
Sip Et Mong Chao
12 pm (noon)
Tiang
1 pm
Bai Mong
2 pm
Bai Song Mong
3 pm
Bai Sahm Mong
4 pm
Bai See Mong
5 pm
Hah Mong Yen
6 pm
Hok Mong Yen
7 pm
Neung Toom
8 pm
Song Toom * (http://bangkok2night.com/language/times.shtml#*)
9 pm
Sahm Toom * (http://bangkok2night.com/language/times.shtml#*)
10 pm
See Toom
11 pm
Hah Toom

Minutes
5 minutes
Hah Naatee
10 minutes
Sip Naatee
15 minutes
Sip Hah Naatee
20 minutes
Yee sip Naatee
25 minutes
Yee sip hah Naatee
30 minutes
Sahm sip Naatee
Half hour
Kreuang Chua Mong
One hour
Neung Chua Mong
Two hours
Song Chua Mong
24 hours
Yee Sip See Chua Mong
What time is it?
Kee Mong

Miscellaneous time related phrases
Short time (temporary)
Chua Kraw
All night
Thung Kheun
Day time (mid-day)
Klang Wan
Morning
Ton Chao
Afternoon
Ton Bai
Evening
Ton Yen
Today
Wan Nee
Tomorrow
Proong Nee
Yesterday
Meua Waan
When?
Meua Rai

* Sometimes you may hear a girl telling you that she will meet you at 2 o'clock in the evening, what she means is Song Toom which translates to 8 pm in the evening.

Decent
30-09-10, 06:25 PM
English
Thai
(You have a) beautiful smile
Yim Suai
(You have) beautiful eyes
Taa Suai
(You have a) beautiful body
Roop Rang Suai
Hoon Dee
Beautiful breasts
Big breasts
Nom Suai
Nom Yai (Big)
You are beautiful
You are the most beautiful
Khun Suai
Khun Suai Tee Sood
You are interesting
Khun Na Sohn Jai
I like you
Pom Chob Khun
I love you
Pom Rak Khun
Flatterer
Bpaak Wahn
Cute
You are cute
You are really cute
Naa Rak
Khun Naa Rak
Khun Naa Rak Jing Jing
I think of you everyday
Pom Khid Theung Khun Thuk Wan
I think of you all the time
Pom Khid Theung Khun Thuk Wela

Decent
30-09-10, 06:26 PM
Thai Language - Follow me home ( Very useful - MUST know)
Assuming you have done the introductions, sold yourself and now, it is time to "close the sale" and do the deed.
English
Thai
Would like to follow me?
Bpai Duay Mai
Want to sleep with me?
(a little too direct, but for the fun of it)
Nawn Duay Kan Mai
Where do you live?
Khun Phak Thee Nai
How much will you give me?
(A possible response to the first question)
Khun Hai Thao Rai
I don't know
Pom Mai Roo
How much?
Thao Rai
Can you go lower? Can you give a discount?
Lode Dai Mai
I am not rich
Pom Mai Ruay Na
I have very little money
Pom Mee Ngern Nid Noi
Expensive
Very expensive
Not Expensive
Phaeng
Phaeng Mak
Mai Phaeng Rok
Cheap
Very cheap
Thuk
Thuk mak
Go for a short time
Bpai Chooa Kraw (Bpai Short Time)
Go for the whole night
Bpai Thang Khuen
Do you have any condoms?
Khun Mee "Condom" Mai (Mee Thoong Yang Mai)
Not enough
Mai Phor
How many times (do I get) ?
Dai Kee Krung

Decent
30-09-10, 06:26 PM
Thai Language - Describing a person

English
Thai
Kind
Jai Dee
Clever (smart)
Chalad
Stingy
Khee Niao ("Cheap Charlie")
Trickster
Khee Kong
Stupid
Ngoh
Poor
Jone
Rich
Ruay
Impatient
Jai Ron
Patient
Jai Yen
Cruel
Jai Dam
Evil, malicious
Jai Rai
Fat
Plump
Ouan
Ouab
Kind-hearted
Jai Dee

Sample Phrases
Thai
The girls like him because he is kind
Poo Ying Chob Khao Prao Wa Khao Jai Dee
Girls don't like a stingy person
Poo Ying Mai Chob Khon Khee Niao
Becareful, he is a trickster
Ra-wang Na Khao Khee Kong
Make him pay everything, he is rich
Hai Khao Jai Mode Khao Ruay

tmc148
01-10-10, 11:00 AM
More...more...i want learn more Uncle Decent...!!!!!

thaifreak
01-10-10, 12:54 PM
Tong Far Kong rao = Our piece of heaven

theguynextroom
22-12-10, 02:19 PM
All thai speaking bros, can anyone help me translate this into thai please?

(All I want for Christmas is you)

Thank you :)

XiaoJiao
25-12-10, 11:02 AM
All thai speaking bros, can anyone help me translate this into thai please?

(All I want for Christmas is you)

Thank you :)

Google translator said:-
ทั้งหมดที่ฉันต้องการสำหรับคริสต์มาสเป็นคุณ

http://translate.google.com.my/?hl=en&tab=wT#

Decent
14-11-11, 08:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpOQ3a87pLA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX4DL62bBt4&feature=related